Available Jobs with Insight Medical Genetics
Genetic Counselor - Chicagoland (posted 8/10/17)
Insight Medical Genetics has an outstanding opportunity available for a full-time GENETIC COUNSELOR to provide preconception, prenatal and cancer genetic counseling services as part of a large, congenial, and progressive private genetics practice. This position will require daily local/regional travel between satellite and affiliated clinic practices and offer exciting opportunities to practice genetic counseling using alternative service delivery models.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide genetic counseling services to patients for preconception, prenatal and hereditary cancer indications
- Work with medical directors to identify a list of possible genetic risks or disorders that could adversely affect the patient, the family or a fetus and determine patient management needs
- Compile complete family histories, obtain and review medical records; provide psychosocial counseling and support
- Coordinate ordering of genetic tests and disclosure of results
- Provide follow-up patient care and communication with referring providers
- Provide written documentation
- Participate in the training of genetic counseling students through the Northwestern University Graduate Program in Genetic Counseling
- Master’s Degree in Genetic Counseling or a related field from a program accredited by a national certification
- ABGC or ABMG Board certified or eligible
- Licensed by the State of Illinois
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experienced preferred but not required
Insight Medical Genetics is a comprehensive genetic medicine practice providing personalized counseling and guidance for patients and referring providers in a complex and changing landscape of highly technical and deeply personal matters.
With the expertise of a medical center and the personal touch of a private practice, Insight Medical Genetics provides up-to-date, leading edge testing for genetic risks with professionally recognized care and compassionate counseling every step of the way.
Benefits for full time employees include medical, dental, 401k, participation in company bonus program, attendance for CEU meeting annually, membership dues, Licensure maintenance dues, etc. In addition to a competitive salary, this employee will also receive a monthly stipend for travel-related expenses and communication needs. Insight Medical Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Please send an email with "Genetic Counselor Job Opening" in the subject line to our lead genetic counselor, Taya Fallen, at: [email protected]